Fashion Designer Lecture Series
The Fashion Designer Lecture Series was created to provide advanced training for fashion designers, who desire to grow and advance in their business. Each event will have two 90-minute lectures on an array of topics, taught by highly respected members of the fashion community.
For Saturday, April 1st, we are proud to offer “How to Build your Brand” & “How to Build a Runway Collection”
8:45 am Attendees check-in
9:00 am Lecture #1 Starts
10:30 am Break
11:00 am Lecture #2 Starts
Lecture #1: “How to Build Your Brand” by Rebecca Staffin
• Identifying what your brand is (and is not)
• Making money with your brand (estimating startup costs, setting prices, projecting profits)
• Identifying who your customer is and how to get their attention
• How to navigate channels of distribution
• Standing out in a competitive market
Bio:Rebecca is a veteran of the fashion world with over 6 years’ experience as an Amazon.com Fashion Buyer and Trend Analyst, 2 years in retail fashion management, and over 17,000+ followers to her fashion blog. An alumni of the University of Washington Business School, Rebecca actively mentors young professionals on career planning and is passionate about helping to shape the next generation of fashion talent in Seattle.
Lecture #2: How to Build a Runway Collection by Nazanine
* How to show a cohesive runway collection
* How to build your collection from Concept all the way to finished designs on the runway
* How to brand your collection
* How to art direct and create an on-trend photoshoot to support marketing collateral materials to promote the collection for launch
BIO: A true cosmopolitan, Nazanine has lived and worked in Paris, London, New York City and Los Angeles. Fluent in four languages, she has called upon her remarkable background to develop a talent embraced by some of the biggest names in fashion and retail. Recently, she joined forces with the Allure Magazine/Blue Soho team for the Gigi Hadid/Tommy Hilfiger Collection augmented reality ad Campaign.
For over 14 years, Nazanine has been a designer and creative director developing 360 branding for retail giants such as Bebe, Forever 21 and Lane Bryant. Her fashion editorial work has been featured in high profile magazines such as Vogue, Italian Vogue, Elle, Marie Claire, Nylon, Flaunt, Zink, Kurv Australia and many others. She is an advocate of growth in fashion and branding, stamping her mark through a very focused vision which embodies progress, modernism, minimalism and surpassing existing fashion trends.